Ingredients for Almond Butter Muffins
- cup almond flour
- cup granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- cup heavy cream
How to Prepare Almond Butter Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together almond flour, erythritol, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat almond butter, butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, eggs, and heavy cream together until smooth.
- Add almond flour mixture to almond butter mixture and stir until smooth.
- Put a paper cupcake liner in each well of a 12-cup muffin tin. Fill each paper cup with batter
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from muffin tin and allow to cool before serving.
Why Erythritol? Erythritol is a naturally derived sugar substitute that looks and tastes like sugar but has almost no calories and a low glycemic load, which means it doesn’t significantly affect your blood sugar levels. Erythritol comes in two forms, granulated and powdered, and can be used in place of sugar in any recipe, although it is only 70 percent as sweet.