Sometimes you feel like a nut… and sometimes you’re allergic.
Here is an awesome raw SEED cheese for anyone with a tree nut allergy (and trust me, it tastes ahhhh-mazing.) This is made with sunflower seeds, but could just as easily be made with pumpkin seeds.
This fabulous recipe that will satisfy cheese lovers everywhere!
Check it out – you won’t believe how simple this recipe is!
Kalamata Sunflower Seed Cheese Spread:
Dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free
(yields 1 1/2 cups, or 6-8 servings – feel free to double this recipe if you are having a par-tay!)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked (I place mine in a bowl, fill it with spring water and place it in the fridge for a few hours or sometimes overnight)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
1) Place soaked seeds, salt, and lemon into the bowl of a food processor and blend until creamy!
2) With the motor running, drizzle 1/2 cup water into the food processor, so that the mixture becomes light and creamy. Do it slowly and use your judgement so that you don’t make it watery! If the consistency looks good to you, stop adding water.
3) Add the kalamata olives and blend until mixed throughout the cheese.
Spread this on raw crackers, use it as a veggie dip, add this as a cheesy pate to wraps and sandwiches! There are so many things you can do with it!
If you’re not a fan of olives, substitute sundried tomatoes instead! You would end up with a Sexy Sundried Tomato Cheese Spread! MMMM!